Driving in today’s environment takes skill and knowledge! There is just so much more to know than how to turn the wheel and drive a straight line.
Here is an outline of what the Strong Drivers Program can offer you
Each Strong Driver Student will receive the following:
- 26 hours in-class instruction. Our class room, located in 209a Main Highway in Bay Roberts, offers a comfortable space to work and learn.
- Instruction on the rules and regulations of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Lessons on 20 Defensive Driving Habits.
- Instruction on Emergency Situations.
- Information on Alcohol and Drug Awareness and Laws.
- Development of good Driver Attitude.
- Instruction on Freeway/Highway Driving.
11 hours in-car instruction. Each in-car session is a private one-on-one instruction. which includes the use of car for the Road Test at MRD.
Each new driver will be shown specific life saving emergency maneuvers such as:
- Avoiding a Head-On Collision
- Gravel Shoulder Recovery
- Emergency Braking
- Threshold Braking
- ABS Braking Techniques
- A Co-Driver session (offered at no extra fee) is offered for those who wish. This Co-Driver Session offers helpful hints and techniques to enhance the new drivers practicing skills. Practice is of great importance for every new driver and the Co-Driver Session will ensure students are all practicing on the same page.
Strong Drivers is committed to giving each of its students all they will need to know for the Road ahead!
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call Lynne anytime @ 589-7156.